[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: BMWCCA and the Digest

From: BMW@domain.elided (Phil Marx)

*>this has been percolating for some time, and it's finally official:
*>the bmw-digest is now supported by the BMW Car Club of America;

*Uh-oh, this means somebody in Cambridge is spending too much time
*screwing around with AOL.

could be. they have a compu$erve account too, you know.

*Seriously, to whom do we owe a debt of gratitude for
*noticing where the real information is being generated?

i'm not sure whose initiative it was initially, but i talked it about
the subject with both Bill Kane (former North Atlantic VP) and Paul
Johnson last winter and spring, and there are other board members like
Leo Newland on the list; now that the digests are actually on a
commercial site, it's time they got paid for, and the CCA has stepped up
to do the job.

*Does this mean *a column in the Roundel?

we may get talked about in someone else's column (bill howard was
sniffing around, and there are other regular Roundel Columnists and
writers who happen to read the digest.

* Will *we* get paid by the page, too?

probably about a week after ice skates go on sale in hell.

* Can we *charge Rodd for his space now?

well, actually, we've had an inquiry about an ad on the web page, and
i've suggested in my letter to Mark Luckman with the first invoice that
the board should consider an appropriate advertising policy and rates.
i'm setting rates for the other (non-bmw) digests myself, based on list
membership and web page hit rates -- i can do that for those lists,
because they're not externally funded -- but since the bmw-digest is now
cca funded, the advertising policy should probably be worked out with
the board rather than arbitrarily set by me.

* Do we get to go full color?

you can probably work that out with your pharmacist.

* Can we
*have classified ads?

i'd like to do classifieds, but hooking a search engine up to the
archives is higher priority, and there are 50 million things ahead of
that, like handling the backlog in my inbox.

cheers,
  richard
- --
		           Not Insane! in '96