[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

W/w tank level switch

Steve,
I ran into the same probem two summers ago with my '85 325e.  My solution -
drain/use up the windshield washer fluid, remove the pump (it just pulls out)
and remove the tank from the car.  Remove the level switch and clean it with
a mild dishwashing detergent.  If you have a volt/ohm meter, ensure that when
the float is "up", the switch's condition changes (from open to closed or
closed to open; i don't remember).
BTW, replace the grommet in the tank through which the pump slides into the
tank.  I think it was $.50.
HTH
Mark Fiumara
BMWCCA 37523
Arlington, VA
1985 325e, 128k miles, Alpine AM/FM/CD + 6 pack and EQ!  Sounds great with
the JBL speakers.