[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: sticky switches

> > However, my defrost button is stuck, and the window buttons are sticky.
> > Any suggestions?
>
> My personal cure, and remember YMMV, etc, is to remove the switches and
> wash them under scalding hot tap water, shake them dry and plug them back
> in.  This works great for E28 power seat switches, but it's a secret so
> don't spread it around to undeserving folks.  Yours most likely have
> coffee, tea, Pepsi, etc, in them.  Mine usually get Dr.Pepper.

Actually, I have a can of Wurth Contact OL (Ben Thongsai will give me
bonus points on this) which I periodically spray switches with. I'm sure
RODD SIDNEY CARRYS THAT STUFF (sorry, I had to do it).

> I've heard of a cure using alcohol but the red wine kept making them
> worse.

Phil, that's because you keep using those damn Virginia wines. Stick
(literally) to a good Italian Merlot and you'll get consistent operation.

> - -Phil Marx BMWCCA #6021

Filippo Morelli
(E28 M5 regretably for sale - http://www.usa.net/~lmorelli/M5.html)