[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bilstien shocks changeover ques.

Jon,

I just had my 535i equipped with a Dinan Stage-I suspension which
includes 4 Bilstein struts and 4 "matched" springs. Prior to this
mod I put on a set of AC Schnitzer Type-Is (17x8.5) mounted on Dunlop
D40M2s. After driving it for the past 2 days, I too feel that I'm
riding in a Japanese pocket-rocket that had the springs cut. Sure
it stays flatter on the curves and steers quicker, but I'm about
ready to call them up and get an explanation. I actually miss the
smoothness of the stock suspension. On top of that, the rear tires
are slightly covered by the lip of the rear wheel wells. In the front
it has about 1.5 - 2 inches of clearance. Overall it looks as if the
car has some heavy people in the back seat. All I was looking to do
was to reduce the leaning and improve the appearance.

Maybe this setup takes awhile to break in?? They did recommend that
I return after 1000 miles for any adjustments. Heck I'm ready to go
back there now. Supposedly the Bilsteins that I had installed are HD
for heavy-duty and are adjustable.

Anyone else out there have a similar setup/experience?

Dennis
'92 535i
BMW CCA
Golden Gate Chapter