[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 or E36?

Hi, all...

I'm contemplating the purchase of a 'new' (to me) BMW 3-series, and I
have
a couple of questions...

$$$ considerations mean that I'll be buying used, probably early '90s.
This means I may be looking at an E30, or possibly an E36 depending on
pricing & availability of good quality cars.

I'm definitely looking for a 325.

The questions:

- - Is there a brief outline anywhere of changes in engine, suspension,
etc,
  between the E30 and E36 series? The FAQ has some info, but not lots...

- - Current E36es have an available 'sport' package (suspension mods,
etc).
  Was there a similar option on the E30?

- - Were there any particular improvements during the lifetime of the E30
  that would make particular years more desirable than others?

Thanks, all! I have a feeling that I won't be able to afford an E36, but
the above info (and anything else you'd care to mention!) would be
greatly
appreciated...

Thanks,

Ross
- --
Ross Parker            |       UNIX Sys Admin, PERL and C toolsmithing,
Senior Consultant      |      Networking and security, CGI applications.
Parkridge Systems Inc. |
rpark@domain.elided  |  fingernail clippings mixed in"    (Larry Wall)