[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"Mathew, Jesudas A" <JAMathew@domain.elided>

This is a pure guess at the problem.

There are two temp sensors on the block near the front next to the
spark plug rack.  The have a blue head and a brown head.  (At least they
are on my '88 528e)  The blue one is for cold start I think.  My car was
having a hard time starting, which required many cranks. The Chilton
manual has the proper resistance values, so grab a meter and check em
out.  They are pretty cheap to replace.

Other things could be you have an air / vaccuum leak, allowing too much
air in, such that when it warms up the hole get bigger. My old VW Jetta
had that problem.

Another is maybe dirty spark plugs.  Check those out.  They may be
fouled or getting fouled.

Other than those guesses...I don't know.

Good luck

ds