[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rodd Sidney - please read!

Don:

I have no desire to participate in a flame war. However, I would like to
point out that if you intend to castigate others for their messages and
inform them that "most of the readers are adults and appreciate a
carefully composed, punctuated and thought out message," you might pay
some attention to your spelling.

Try:
"capital letters" instead of "capitol letters."
"you're giving away" instead of "your are giving away"

Some of us are just as bothered by poor spelling and grammar as you are
by capital letters.

David

Don Eilenberger <deilenberger@domain.elided> writes

> Dear Rodd - the reason some people get 'steamed' about your little notes
> to the net IS that THE continual MISUSE of CAPITOL letter FOR
> emphasis SEEMS just A bit OVERDONE and MAKES your MESSAGES look
> HOKEY and HARD to READ.
>
> You ALSO are OBVIOUSLY very ENTHUSIASTIC about YOUR business AND
> are CERTAIN that YOUR are GIVING the VERY best BARGAINS - but BLOWING
> your OWN horn THIS way REALLY isn't THE way TO best IMPRESS the READERS
> of THIS list. Most of the readers are adults and appreciate a carefully
> composed, punctuated and thought out message. May I suggest just a tad
> of restraint?

Thank you for your kind attention!

Don