[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

'86 535i speedo

>A few weeks ago, as I was driving my '86 535i, the needle in the
>speedometer fell to zero.  A day later, it worked again

This has happened to me in my '85 635 Csi.  My problem was not the
speedo
itself but the connection of the speedo to the circuit board.  I
could thump
my dash board and the speedo would work again for a short time.  The
final
fix was to remove the instrument cluster (see replacing inspection
light batteries)
and then remove the speedo from the circuit board.  There are about 5
or 6 pins
that connect the speedo to the circuit board electronically.  Use
some electronic
cleaner of a sort and clean these pins and thief sockets and
reinstall.  This
should be all that is needed.

On a different subject I am new to the digest and you have a great
thing going
here.  When I quit travailing with my job and can be in the same
state as my car
I will have a lot of questions.

Michael Osborne
'85 635Csi Euro