[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SI Board problem. Feature or Defect

I have a 1987 535is that had no tach, Service Interval lights, or mpg
gauge when I purchased the car 1 month ago. I replaced the rechargable
batteries in the SI board with the kit from Peake Research. I was told
that the Service Interval lights would need to be reset upon inserting
new rechargable batteries in the SI Board. The Service Interval Lights
never camer on. Can the non-functioning SI lights have any negative
effect on other electrical systems in the car, or should I look at
this as a Feature. I will never have to reset my service indicator
lights?
The Tachometer and mpg gauge now work fine.

Kevin Sullivan
kevinS@domain.elided
1987 535is
1987 VW Jetta