[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M3 blown engine

From: OBostic363@domain.elided
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 20:14:53 -0400
Subject: Missing 4th gear up from 3rd or down from 5th on a 96 M3

I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced missing 4th gear
shifting up from 3rd or down from 5th on a  96 M3.  I have had the
unfortunate experience of missing 4th gear and the car slipped into 2nd
gear.
I am an experienced driver. I believe this may be a service bulletin
issue.
Of course, my engine was blown and this is not a warranty issue
according to
BMW NA. If any one has experienced this problem, please email me at
Obostic363@domain.elided.

Ozzie:

It seems that the same happened in my '95 M3...it was actually my friend
who was driving and who was not experienced with the tendency of the
shifter.

However, the day before I just picked up the car from the dealer for a
VANOS replacement and two weeks before that I had the timing chain
tensioner change.

I had great help from a certain list member via email as I was
negotiating with BMW NA ( witholding his name unless he discloses it).
They ended up fixing it not under warranty but as a "goodwill" gesture.

My situation was unique so I cannot say that you will get the same, but
fight for it! There's many problems that contribute to this problem,
many of them BMW's.

WATCH the release they'll ask you to sign, they'll try to rape you of
your rights.

Best Regards,
Eric Sternberg
95 M3