[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

September Roundel

  Well this might be bordering on nit-picking, but another thing that
bothered me by the September special 2002 issue of the Roundel was the
following.    There were at least two mentions that the article was
written by the orginizer of the annual '02 fest East.   But there was
no mention of the original and continuing 2002 fest held in
California.

   As _THE_ person who started the first 2002fest, I find this a bit
distrubing.  Actually, my wife and I dispute who had the idea, but we
did motivate the Golden Gate Chapter to host the very first 2002 fest
in North America.   We had 75 rust free (except for one) 2002s in that
first event.   I didn't find any mention of this event in the special
issue Rondel.   I think it worthy of mention, since I think that no
where else in the world can you find so meny 2002 in the same parking
lot except at a 2002 fest (east or west coast versions).

  Somehow, in the 30 year history for 2002, these events should have
bene mentioned.  Yale, you probably don't remember me from our past
meetings, but I think you screwed up a bit.