[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <MISC> Radar Detector Alert (tangentially BMW-related)

Steven J Bernstein wrote:

> You know, the thing that pisses me off about the Arbitrary Law Enforcement
> is that they cowardly hide in the bushes and are unable to take a proper
> "traffic history" (a radar-defense term) to determine whether your speed
> is truly dangerous based on the conditions.  But, as one person said, get
> elected and change the laws if you don't like them.  If I had a politician
> in my pocket, I'd change the law to require cops to be mobile in order to
> issue citations.

Why is it cowardly for police to hide while monitoring traffic violations?

Is it cowardly for police to hide while monitoring violations of other (non-
traffic) laws?

Do you think speeders should be given a sporting chance?

I wonder if cops have resorted to the "cowardly hide in the bushes" because
many drivers now have hi-tech radar/laser to thwart the high-tech radar/laser
guns.

I wonder if cops consider it cowardly for motorists to use radar/laser
detectors?

I share your concern over "Arbitrary Law Enforcement." However, the only fair
alternatives I see are ticketing everyone higher that go over the limit, or
letting 'em all go. Got any other choices?

Just some observations, and a few rhetorical questions. Flame suit on. No,
I'm not a cop, and I don't play one on the internet.

Evan