[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M5 Self Leveling Suspension change

Hey All,

Just got my E28 M5 and the right rear (obviously) shock has a small leak.
 Since this car has the dreaded self leveling rear suspension (read,
expensive as h*ll to repair and maintain) I am looking at all my options.

I could replace the shock with a stock unit or upgrade (downgrade??) the
unit to the old spring/shock setup.  If I change to the spring/shock setup,
do I need to also upgrade the front suspension?  I had planned on upgrading
to a more aggresive supsension anyway, but hadn't planned on doing it so
soon.

What advice do all of you Bimmer Brainiacs have to send my way??

TIA

Jerry Chyo

'72 tii (money pit by choice)
'88 M5 (leaky rear)