[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Advertising on the digest

In digest #228 Kevin writes:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
..snip
"I can't figure out what it is about Rodd that bothers some
digesters so much.  I have personally done business with
Rodd and been very satisfied.  If it weren't for one of his
"hard to find" commercial posts, I wouldn't have a factory
shop manual or fiche in ENGLISH for my car (I had been
told by numerous sources that they didn't exist).
..snip
I searched the last 25 digests (lost v5#202) and found
only one commercial post from Rodd, yeh there was
the <none> subject string, and an apology for it, but
that could happen to any of us (and has).  During the
same time Milos', Steves', and Andrews' and several
others appeared at least as often.
..snip

Kevin Heiner
84 745i turbo     (the cruiser)
81 911SC Targa (the runabout)
96 4Runner        (the family truckster)
93 Toy P/U        (heavy? hauler soon to be replaced by Dodge Ram)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- -I guess my next comment is to clarify from my point of wiev
a position of somebody who is (or is thinking about) selling
anything on this digest.(Not putting down Kevin or Rodd -
just my humble opinion to which I believe I am entitled to)

 No flames intended here, just a little clarification:

1)If you really  check the last 25 digests
you will realize that there is actually
only 1 (one!)post coming from me.
(As they say :"before you post anything to the digest next
time read your post over several times and check the facts")

Yes, I also saw people mentioning my name and few times
reprinting my original post per request of others digesters
who misssed it when it first came out.
To my big pleasure all this "fuss" is caused because of
satisfied customers wanting to share their good experience.
(You are going to see more of it-trust me :-) There will be
one or two posts done by me, but the satisfied customers will
take care of the rest...Maybe if Rodd stopped to "spoon feed"
us every 4 or 5 days people would not mind.
I personnally dont' care if he posts in every digest..there is
always "scroll" function on anybody's mouse :-). Hey folks,
this is a free country and after all- his adds are BMW related...

2) The other reason digesters may be sensitive to his posts
is because he is a retailer. (I dont' know if you read some of
his adds in Roundel, but they could use some mareketing touch
considering they are coming from a proffessional. The fact is
that some sound too much "com'on" and readers know it
right the way.So when they see the same thing here, they
probably think: "Oh well, there he is again..."  On the other
hand as Kevin states, he can be very helpful.

3)Readers will probably not resent mine (or similar)
advertisement, because I am a guy with 9-5 job and a true BMW
enthusiast.
I symply got outraged by BMW's prices for carbon fiber
accessories. I found a good source making for me a good product
for a very reasonable price. While gaining really minimal
profit I passed this info. on other fellow digesters
and as you whitnessed the response was and will be fantastic.
You see, I dont' do this for living and there is nothing
wrong to make little money to pay for tires,brakes and driving
schools as well as providing a good serviice for others at
the same time.
Sharing the information and experience,as well as helping
each other is what this digest is all about, isn't it?

Thank you for the bandwidth, I just needed to clarify this...

                                Milos Klacko