[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E34> Reaching the Battery

Bob G. <robert.girouard@domain.elided (Robert F. Girouard)> said:

> I have a 92 525i. The battery is located under the rear seat.
> Nowhere in either my Chilton or Owner's Manual does it tell you how to get
> at the battery. One of the drawings in the Owner's Manual shows *one* way,
> in some cars, of pulling up the bottom/bench portion of the rear seat, by
> way of a strap tucked into the split between the bottom and top of the rear
> seat. I fished all around: there's no such strap in mine.

I think the strap method is some kind of decoy joke.  There is no strap.
Pull straight up on the front edge of the rear seat bottom cushion.
Pull up just enough for the two spring clips at the bottom edge of the
cushion to clear their sockets.  Then pull the cushion forward and out.

Curt Ingraham
ingraham@domain.elided