[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Factory Alarm

Michael and all prospective factory alarm buyers,

I would advise anyone considering adding the factory alarm to their '96
M3 to look closely at all other options.  IMHO, it is a piece of junk!
I didn't pay over $500 to be woke up at 3:00 a.m. nightly by a glass
breakage false alarm.  Taken it back to the dealer, of which they said it
was normal as "all BMW alarms are sensitive, even my wife's 7 series".
I'm now just using it to unlock the doors as it has started to false in
the evening hours.  It seems to me that I have paid quite a bit of money
for a remote keyless entry system that can only be used one-way.  My
first oil change/service will be performed in the next week. I plan on
explaining my problems further to the service manager, and if the alarm
cannot be fixed, I will ask for the alarm to be deactivated (if possible)
and for me to just have the use of the keyless entry.  I feel that some
sort of compensation from the original price of the alarm should be made
since it does not function correctly, but do not really expect it.

I know there have been quite a few posts about the alarm and think that
all BMW owners who are having the same problem should call BMW NA or use
their website's Contact BMW feature at:

http://www.bmwusa.com

Anyone with similar problems can post directly to me, and I will relay
info to the group and BMW.

Greg Johnson
'96 M3 - Cosmos/Modena/Luxury - take the alarm out and it is a wonderful
car!!