[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> Oil Vapor Collection Tank

Mike Hood-Douda wrote:

>There was a posting a while back (or was it in european car?) about a neat
>way of adding a oil vapor collection tank in place of routing the valve
>cover hose back to the carbs.  The article/posting also described adding a
>hose to the vent on the transmission for the same purpose.
>Does anyone have a lead on the parts used for this?  I looked at generic
>coolant recovery tanks, but they all have bottom openings.

Mike:

When I converted my 320iS engine from fuel injection to sidedraft Webers, I
attached a used Techron bottle with zip ties to one of the engine compartment
fender well brackets (I think it was one that was used for part of the air
flow meter).  I then ran a hose from the valve cover vent to the bottle and
clamped both ends.  I check the bottle every few months and empty whatever
collects.  Make sure you drill some small holes near the top of the bottle
for pressure relief.  Also, if you sand and paint the bottle black, it looks
better in the engine compartment.

I'd like to find a way to route the hose back into the carburetor intakes,
but haven't figured out a way to do this with dual sidedraft carbs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bob Stommel