[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Installing Harnesses - Safety

David Mcintyre wrote:

>I'm not sure if you consider this important or not, but BMW CCA Club
>Racing rules prohibit the use of seat mounting bolts as harness mounting
>points.  Since those rules were written by experts for safety's sake you
>might want to read them (follow the links from the BMW CCA home page) and
>think about them.

I agree completely.  If you are racing, you should have, at a minimum, a
rollbar.  Better yet, a roll cage.  Your harness system should be attached to
the roll bar or cage, not the OEM mounting points.  Although BMW CCA racing
is "club" racing under the vintage car racing rules, its still racing.

Regards,
Bob Stommel