[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re>M6 clutch goofiness

                       Subject:                               Time:9:02 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Re>M6 clutch goofiness                 Date:9/11/96
Kurt,
I had a similar problem with the clutch not returning to its proper position
with my 535.  The frame that holds the clutch master cylinder was cracked
and thus flexed when pressure was applied.  This is a relatively common
problem.  The only way I could see this was to disassemble the lower padding
beneath the steering wheel.  Your friend needs to take care of this quickly.
 Eventually the pedal will not be able to disengage the clutch.  In addition,
 the master cylinder might be damaged because the piston is traveling at an
angle.

Hope this helps,
Jamie
'73 2002