[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36> A4 comments

>From: Dan Quicker <quicker@domain.elided>
>Criteria        factor  CarA score      CarB score      CarC score
>                (1-10)  (328)           (A4-quat)       (95M3)

>resale value    5x      7       35      5       25      7       3

>reliability     7x      6       42      5       35      6       42

>Have fun,
>Dan

Dan,  As a former General Manager of an Audi/BMW/Porsche store, your scale
may not go low enough for either the reliability or resale of an Audi.
Just saw one of my old customers today with his new A4, had just been in
for his first recall, something about the horn or such.  They haven't been
able to get it right in the 20 years I dealt with them.  Ask your neighbor
with the 5000/100/A6 (I'm sure everybody has such a neighbor) how many
steering racks he had or how much hydraulic fluid he used.  The replacement
parts were just as bad as the originals 10 years later.  If you can't tell
the difference between an A4 and a 328i after driving both, my suggestion
would be to lease the Audi for 2 years, then you have no responsibility for
the terrible resale value and will avoid property tax in those 13 states
where that is important.

- -Phil Marx  BMWCCA #6021