[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Becker Imports M-3 Stlye Mirrors

 Hi fellow BMW fans. I have noticed by many of the signature blocks
that many of us (me included) have installed the M-Tech body parts
on out 325is, 328is's. I thought that I would add a comment here.
First, I have, as I am sure many of you have, also installed the
M-3 sopiler lip (the black piece) on my car. It was relatively
simple, but you must drill a number of holes in the M-Tech bumper
skin. You also need 4 of the expandable plastic rivits and 7 or 8
fender bolts and spring clips.

 But now to the poster subject. The Becker Imports M-3 style mirrors.
After talking to a number of suppliers I was unable to find BMW M-3
mirrors for less than about $640. Even a set taken off an M-3 were
advertised for $500. (I may have sprang for that had I not  already
purchased the others.) Anyway, I took a chance on the Becker Import
mirrors ($60 restocking charge if I returned them). I found them to
be a pretty good setup. The mirrors are heated, have a cast aluminum
base which mates well with the car, and have a two stage convex mirror.
The inner 3/4s of the mirror is similar to standard "objects appear
further than they are" mirrors. The outer 1/4 of the mirror is, however
even more convex and keeps opjects in the mirror longer as they approach
you. This helps a lot with the blind spots, but it did take some time to
get used to the convex glass on both sides of the car.

 Oh, yes, the mirrors are heated as well. Over all while these are not
duplicates of the M-3 mirror, they are of good quality, IMO, and are easy
to install. They come finished in flat black, but are paintable. The mirror
galss can be removed for painting. And the cost is only $400/pair.

 I thought that I might pass this on as an option for anyone looking
to up grade the mirrors on their car. I have been pleased with the
result.

 Oh, yea. No affiliation with Becker Imports!!!

 john k....

 '96 328iS/sport/traction/M-Tech...