[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #200

From: scotthung@domain.elided
|Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 19:53:47 -0400
|Subject: <E36M3> Achieving HP for M3
|
|Fellow M3 enthusiasts:
|
|I did some reality checking after receiving the supercharger
|material from ERT. Their prices are $6500 for 355HP and
|$7700 for 375 HP (adds T.Body & muffler). DINAN has overated
|install time of 20 hours so letUs estimate another $1200 for labor at
|$60/hr. Now you end up with about $7700 for 355HP and $8900
|for 375 HP.

Scott,

I am thinking about getting the ERT Supercharger for my E30 M3.
As you live in CA, have you thought about how this will affect you
when you smog your car (ie: visual inspection).  The idea of spending
over 5k in mods and then failing smog inspection within the 2 year inspection
interval is not appealing.  California sucks when it comes to cars.

Let me know your thoughts on this (either public forum or private email).

Thanks,
Gary