[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

533i FOR SALE

I'm finally facing the fact that I have to sell this car if I want to buy
another 6 series. I must have another 6, really.

The car does have some minor problems that seem to be typical of early
5ers. These things mentioned below do not and would not keep me from
driving it.
This car is kept garaged in the winter (not driven) and only accumulates
about 5,000 miles a year as my summertime daily driver.

1983 188,XXX and GOING STRONG!!
+ Very nice original white paint, , 3 or 4 dings (showing no metal)
+ No accidents, no rust
+ Superb black leather interior (original)
+ The trunk is as new!
- - Original 390mm wheels are as new, rear tires have about 10k left on them.
- - It does have an erratic idle mostly when the weather is warm (idles
perfectly   smooth in cool weather or if you bring the rpm up 100 or so)
but the motor is   strong, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go 300k or
more.
- - Some wheel shimmy above 50 mph. Been doing it since I bought the car and
  doesn't seem to be getting any worse.
- - Everything on the car works except for the cruise control and air
conditioning.
 The a/c worked great until it blew the dryer-plug last year. I've never
looked   into the cruise (it could even be a fuse for all I know).
+ New factory discs and brake pads (less than 1,000 miles ago).
+ Kleen wheels (brake dust shields) on the front.
+ The car accelerates strong, handles nicely and stops fast.
+ $2,800.00 obo.!!
- - I'll miss it.

Happy Motoring!!

Ron Wheeler
wheels@domain.elided

533i for sale
325is all weather fighter
Volvo wagon (dog shuttle)
635csi wish I never sold it-looking for another