[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> Vibration

Friends-

The other day I was coming home from a road trip and my fuel filter cloged
to the point where the engine started to cut-out, by the way I have a '76
<02>, Iwas about 20 miles from home and did not have a spare in the car.
The cutting-out got violent at times before I could get home to fix the
problem.

After I changed the fuel filter and was driving the next day,  I noticed a
lot of vibration while at speed, when I take my foot off the gas.  Also, a
clunking at low speed take-offs going up steep hills.

I checked the motor mounts and they seem to be OK, Could this vibration and
clunking be from drive-line being out of wack?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance-
- -E

P.S.  Just saw the Grand-Prix of Monteray yesterday, Wow what a Race!

Eric Barnes
UC Berkeley
Athletic Study Center
128 Golden Bear Center