[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Let's hear it for the cops

Now, I have no love for speed enforcers whatever their ilk may be.
However, as stories go this was a peak experience for me.
The road from Anchorage to Wasilla, Alaska was a two lane(now 4) and
there was a particular stretch of 5 or so miles that was straight as an
arrow before banking left across the Kinick bridge, which at this time
of year is always fogged in. So I'm truckin behind a group of 5 cars and
their doin 50. After a mile or so my impatience is at it's limit. I drop
it down to 3rd and put the hammer down. Yep.. you guessed it.. the lead
car is a cop as I rocket by him at 95. Just put on the right blinker and
pulled over. He snuggled in behind me. Got on my ass big time for
driving into a fog bank (3+ miles ahead), took my license and accepted
my excuse that I was late for an appointment. I owned up to speeding "I
surrender" when he walks up. He comes back 2-3 mins. later and says "Mr.
Dillon, I'm in a hurry too. keep it down, OK? Lordy, I would have licked
his boots. I made the appointment on time. Attitude... good 'bad who can
tell.