[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Big 6 Mods

It was recently suggested to me that I could purchase a European BMW cam
for my '87 535is to improve performance (above 3500rpm).  I'm also
looking in to MM's lightened flywheel and lightened harmonic balancer at
$250 each.  Any experiences out there with these mods and are any worth
the time and effort?

BTW, I'll be switching out my diff. in favor of a 3.64 LSD soon.  This
will increase my revs slightly but more importantly give me a low end
acceleration boost.  The current 3.25 LSD will be available at $350 plus
shipping.  This would be a nice upgrade for an E28 528e or E30 325e.  On
the 325 you will need to use your current back cover and flange.
Besides that its a bolt-on mod and will really boost low-end pull.

Scott
'87 535is