[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Golden Gate Driving School $$

Chuck wrote back on 8/26....

The Golden Gate Driving School costs range from $190 to $220 this year
depending on the cost of track rental.  This is for a 2 day event with lunch
at the track included both days.  A group dinner on Sat night is optional
and runs $15 or $16.  There is an  instructor for each student.  Every
student rides with an instructor until they are signed off for "solo".  Most
novice drivers will not solo at their first event.  Classroom sessions are
also included.

In my view, these events are a real bargain and can not be matched for
instruction quality and instructor availability.

Question:  Do you get a special discount on track schools?

Reality Check:
1.  Thunderhill '96 (with dinner) was $291 smackers.

2.  Sears Point (Nov. '96) is a flat $300.

Where do I get such info?  I just checked my checkbook on #1.  I wrote a check
2 days ago for #2.

Thunderhill was my first school, so I don't have a real baseline for judging,
but to me it *really did* seem like a good value.  I wish it cost less money,
sure - but look, I'm going back for more (at a higher $) in November.  Maybe
I'm a junkie.....?

Now that the real price tags for a representative sampling of Golden Gate
schools be told - what are other chapters paying?  Are our tracks really 30-50%
more expensive?  If so, why?  And please, no "Because it's California." answers.

Happy Bimmering,

Rick, BMWCCA GGC
'95 M3 Post-It Note Yellow