[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More sales tax

Lowell,

BTW, congrats on your pending M3 purchase.  If you try real hard, you
can probably find a way to avoid paying taxes on the car altogether.
Buy from an out of state dealer who doesn't deal with reciprocity or from
an individual and the tax filing becomes your responsibility.  What you do
with that responsibility is up to you.   Relatively speaking, you'll save
much more money that way than by avoiding paying taxes on mail order
parts.  It takes and awful lot of parts to add up to an M3.  Time is money
and all that.  Of course, the penalties are far greater for failing to
properly register a car than they are for failing to remit proper sales
taxes.

Jon Lewis
does anyone 'cept me really care what I drive?