[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

325 skid plate/sump cage measurements

Hi all. YES, me again about the sump cover/skid plate. My 325 came standard
with a skid plate/ sump cover/guard which was sort of like an oversized mesh
shape. Objects were able to protrude through the cover and still strike the
motor if they bounced up ( say no more !). I would like to make a solid sump
cage/cover, and short of sending a 2in pygmy under the car to measure the
cage/cover, I would like one of the gurus out there with a Hayes/Bentley
manual for the 325i (E30 pre '87 or other) to see if they have dimensions of
the cage/cover. I would like to make one out of steel about 3mm thick. I
could probably work out height from sump, but would be grateful if someone
would send me the length, height, location of bolts etc. I will make a solid
plate, and drill a few holes for water etc. to drain through or run off. I
would be grateful if someone would send me the measurements ( in cm or mm
preferably. My inches to cm conversions are poor)
Regards
DARREN
DARREN HILDER
RATT-Pac International
5th Floor                                            Tel (27 11) 836 4181
11 Diagonal Street                                   Fax (27 11) 836 0369
Johannesburg                                         E-mail : darren@domain.elided
2000                            \|/
South Africa                    @ @