[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OBC Ugrade, 1997 528i

     After several more than modestly frustrating conversations with local
"sales consultants", and being repeatedly told that ONLY the basic (4)
computer functions are available on the new 528, I spoke three time this
past week with the Southern regional product manager, who has discussed this
with the "5 Series Product Advocate" in New Jersey at BMW NA. I was told
today that the Option Code 555, as previously mentioned by John Firestone
here on the List, IS available for the US market as a special order, extra
cost (as yet unspecified) item.  I expect, however, that anyone wanting it
will have to negotiate like h*** to convince the dealer that it REALLY
exists and that you can REALLY get it on the 528i.

     My thanks to everyone on the list who gave encouragement to pursue
this.  It is truly amazing what folks out there know.... I like to hear of
anyone else's success with the actual order.

     BTW, our dealers here in Houston STILL haven't clued in that the Side
Impact Airbags went down some (don't know how much).

Richard  A. Lewis  '84 528e @ 121 kilomiles
                   '97 528i Cashmere over black, in my dreams.....