[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

While We're on Radar...

>*yes* very often police seem to target the nice cars such as
>BMW's. I've been followed for seemingly no reason, so has my GF (she
>commutes in my E30 325i), and I've seen police wait just for me before
>activating their radar gun.

Has anyone had any long-term experience with these Rocky Mountain Radar
passive X/Y-band radar jammers (they have a laser jammer too)??  You know,
the things that mix white noise with the reflected signal, causing the gun
to supposedly read zero...

Reason I ask is because I've actually owned one for about a year now and am
interested in what other digest members' experience with them is...one of
the car mags had a test on them when they came out and said they reportedly
*increased* the probability of getting a ticket (strenthened the signal).

My personal experience has been a happy one (so far, knock on wood) in
which I've actually seen cops pound on the top of their guns after I've
gone by, when I've been going a little too fast and not realized it...

Just thought it'd make for an interesting thread...TIA!

Jonathan
jlukens@domain.elided