[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: European Union To Ban Non-OE Parts

Richard Cartiledge writes:

< I have read recently that the EC is to ban the modification/fitment of all
non original parts to cars and motorcycles in Europe by the end of the
century.
This is very bad of the EC and a disaster for the owner's and the trade.  >

Interesting to hear this, especially in light of the fact that Japan, where
there has been similar restictions for years and years, is heading in the
exact opposite direction and is currently lifting many of these restrictions.

If you, Richard, or anyone else out there can cite published literature on
the EC situation, I for one would be appreciative.

Gerry O'Connor
Manhattan Beach, CA
'83 633 CSi
'72 2002 tii
BMW CCA / NMA / SAE

P.S.  Did anyone else find it amusing that immediately following his very own
spew of consciousness (or lack thereof) regarding cops/speeding tickets/etc.,
some anonymous poster innocently asked, in a separate post, < Is this the end
of the digest?  Are most people switching off to the newsgroup? > ?!?!