[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Peanut Butter - Yes It Does Work

From: talltom <talltom@domain.elided>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 00:39:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Peanut Butter???

>>> Hope ya'll forgive me but I kind of skim the digests for technical stuff
and
pass on the ancillary. Anyhow I caught a post about waxing (I have NEVER
washed
my car) and something was mentioned about peanut butter removing hazing from
mouldings. This was on a car less than a year old! My question is what is he
talking about?

Rub peanut butter onto the porous side moldings (not chrome - you can wax
those) to remove wax that has been trapped.  Apparently, the oil contained in
the peanut butter helps "lift" the wax out of the vinyl/plastic moldings.
 Like you, I thought it was crazy but John Walsh (Technical Director @ Zymol)
made the suggestion and it worked.

Note, use a paper towel to take the first layer of peanut butter off the
moldings -- then follow up the a cotton towel.  You'll have to rub the
moldings several times to remove all the peanut butter.  Once cleaned, use
either Zymol Vinyl or Black Again as your top dressing.  Another suggestion
is to coat your trim prior to waxing, as this helps minimize the hazing
effect.

Stuart M.
96-M3