[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Question:

Is there any solution for getting rid of the brake dust forever...
I have to clean my front tires  every other day...

Don F Sowar <DFSowar@domain.elided>

I went back and asked for a "dustless" set.  They said there were no
alternatives.  So, I went to a local foreign auto parts store and bought a
set that was guaranteed dustless and squeal-less.  I'm not sure what the
brand name was, but I think they were manufactured in Australia.  Anyway,
they work great !   I don't do race track braking, but I havn't noticed
any degradation at all.

"John G.Burns" <john@domain.elided>

I always wash my wheels with one of those liquid car waxes
once I've cleaned them. The brake dust sits on top of the wax
and just hoses off next time I clean the wheels. A tip I
learn't here on the digest :-)

Jim Brick <jimbrick@domain.elided>

P21s sprayed on via a
garden sprayer, then hosed-off is easy and works well... But you'll
never get rid of the dust problem. You'll spray & wash every couple of
days. Really hard pads (the kind that squeal and break your eardrums)
produce much less dust, but then you are getting into another problem of
rotor/pad hardness comaptibility and rotor warp, etc... It's easier to
just spray & wash...

egw@domain.elided

I can relate to what you are talking about.  I USED TO spray off my wheels
just about every other day.  Then, when I needed new brake pads, I
replaced them with Repco/PBR - Deluxe brake pads.  Now I see absolutely NO
dust, even after driving my car for a couple of weeks without washing it!
It's amazing!

Patrick Donahue <pdonahue@domain.elided>

Many of the different brake pads regularly discussed in this digest will
produce lesser amounts of dust than stock without overly affecting the
braking characteristics of your car.

My Solution:
	Once I need new brake pads. (I just got my car)
	I will go down to a local foreign auto parts store, and ask for
	it..

Thankx for your help fellow digesters

Bikesh
'95 325i