[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E36> rear suspension noise

Ali S Sarmiento writes:

"Hi everyone, I have a '92 E36 325i with 55K and going strong except that
recently I noticed hearing this clunking or knocking sound from the rear
when I hit little bumps or cracked roads at low speed but NOT on high
speed. The rear shocks are not in top shape but still in okay condition.
The noise keeps getting worse as days go by. Has anyone had this problem
before? TIA."

Ali- Check the adjustment of your hand brake- out of adjustment can cause a
rattle in the rear wheels going over bumps.  I had a similar problem and it
was resolved by dealer taking up on the brakes.  E-mail me for more info on
how this is done if you'd like.

Jay Kenty
'93 E36 325i