[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re:318ti CD wire location etc

Thanks to all for your suggestions on where to find the wiring harness
to plug the factory CD changer into in my 318ti. A special thanks to
David Tay and Jerry Skene for giving me the definitive heads up.

It appears that unlike the rest of the E36 BMW's the CD on the 318ti
mounts (vertically?) on the drivers side, between the wheel well and the
tail lights. Once I pulled off the felt side panel, I found the CD plug
and the power connector (2 sepaprate, black cables) tucked back into the
hole at the top of the strut tower.

I don't yet have the special bracket (PN 82-11-1-469-203) needed to
mount the CD changer, but I can see the holes in the frame brace onto
which it mounts.

Hopefully I can get the bracket this week and then I can stop listening
to the tapes I made ten years ago before I started with CD's. It is
amazing how your musical tastes can change in a decade.

Thanks again,
              Ian

'96 318ti sport