[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(E30 M3) Parts Prices

I have been looking for an E30 M3 to build into a stock class club race car
and an occaisional street car. I found a good candidate but it is in pretty
rough condition. I have a couple of questions about replacement parts.

The hinges and latch were broken off the trunk lid and patched with
fiberglass. I think it would have to be replaced. Does anyone have a trunk
lid for a 88 M3? (I know it's an M part, how expensive is it?) The car is
missing the AC compressor, and the oil cooler does not look right (It's sort
of laying behind the front bumper.) Do M3s use the same AC as 325's? How
about oil coolers? The sun roof needs a little help to pop up or down but
slides open and closed OK. Both front windows "jump" a little as they reach
full open. The steering wheel is wrong as is the stereo and gearshift knob
and the dash looks like a theft recovery car should... loose.

The body is somewhere between good and fair with quite a few door dings and
couple of slightly bigger dents. I don't mind a little work and $ to fix
these problems but I have seen very clean cars for a few dollars more.

Thanks in advance,

Ren

Other than that the car drives fine and brakes well. (The front rotors are a
little warped but I think thats pretty common)

Ren Finley                                           (408) 953-6445
Manager of Information Systems                         ren@domain.elided
DiviCom Inc                                     http://www.divi.com