[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BMW SA Driving School

Hi Brendon, and other interested parties. I have just received a
confirmation fax from BMW SA.

Courses available :

- - Collision avoidance and skid control.
This course involves a lecture on driving tips, skid pan control, basic
handling and setup techniques etc. It aims at developing a better attitude
as well as techniques for safer driving. One day course, doesn't involve the
track at all, only the skid pad. Cost R 345

- -Hijack awareness/prevention
This course has been devised esepcially for fleet owners, but caters for
privateers. It teaches BMW owners(I am not biased am I )how best to
surrender their vehicles to hijackers ans escape safely and unharmed. It is
a comprehensive course aimed at making people aware of the dangers, and
chances of being hijacked. (one car every 24 seconds (sounds bad hey - it is)
Cost R 185

- -Advanced driving Certificate course
Your basic advanced driving course. Involves a test, with certificate, and
practical in-car instruction. (3 drivers + instructor per car - nothing like
being scared shitless by weeknd drivers) You have to come back one month
after the course for a refresher test (1 hour) A great overall experience,
which not only boosted my confidence, but my awareness and driving skills.
Duratio two days (8:30 -4pm) Cost R945. Well worth it, life is too precious
to worry over a few measly bucks.

- -M3 High Performance Course
" This course offers the driver the unique experience of learning and
understanding the road holding, power and excitement of the M3......under
expert supervision on the Kyalami International Grand Prix motor racing
circuit .... simulated emergency situations at high speeds to teach how the
vehicle will react. We allow the driver to discover his limits of vehicle
control."
Cost R3000 ( 1% of cost of car in SA). A must for owners of the BEAST ! One
day, about 40 laps.

They are helluva busy, all courses at Kyalami, and need to be booked quite a
while in advance.Contact them at +27 11 466 2710 or 466 2673 (FAX)

Hope this helps. They can fax you a more detailed brteakdown if you want.

Regards
DARREN
DARREN HILDER
RATT-Pac International
5th Floor                                            Tel (27 11) 836 4181
11 Diagonal Street                                   Fax (27 11) 836 0369
Johannesburg                                         E-mail : darren@domain.elided
2000                            \|/
South Africa                    @ @