[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: K & N filters

This is the first negative response I've ever heard on these filters. Yes, I
have them on my cars. Yes, I'm hoping I didn't get SLICKED over. Again. But
many magazines have done back-to-back dyno tests, and found they do make more
power. The filtering medium, being oiled, certainly should catch more dirt
than dry paper. (Quick test, spray oil on half your hood, then drive around
and see if it gets dirty faster than the dry side) I'd think since the filter
is designed for more-or-less permanent use, it is built better, with better
materials, than the throw-it-away-after-it's-dirty type.

 Hmm, does this sound defensive? Maybe just a little. I'm hoping I've not
spent, uh, like $300 in vain over the last few years. Any one else heard BAD
things about K & N from someone who is not suffering from conflict of
interest like me and the mechanic mentioned in the earlier article? Let the
Flames Begin! :)

Jeff Krause
m5jeff@domain.elided
http://www.trader.com/users/5012/8969