[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<misc> Wax (not Zymol)

I just spent about 5 hours of communing with the new six.  I knew this day
would come and I had been dreading it.  The car really need to be thoroughly
cleaned and waxed.  Since I'm out of the mother ship (Zymol) and had put off
ordering more, I picked up the Meguirs three step system this am.  Washed the
car well and pulled into the garage.  Started with the paint cleaner which
worked very well and left a very nice shine after a LOT of old oxidized paint
came off, no streaking problems and I got the "squeek" that accompanies Zymol
HD Cleanse.  Tried Step two, the polish, and it didn't really seem to improve
the shine left by the cleaner so I skipped ahead to step three, the wax. It
shined up very nicely and now this car looks new.  I stopped when the urge to
wax the wheels hit me.  (Surely this doesn't mean that I'm destined for the
Q-tip corral in New Hampshire next year.)  Tomorrow the external rubber and
the leather inside (Damn there's a lot of leather in this car!)  So, if your
blue tub is empty, give the Meguir's a try.

I'm extremely fortunate to have found this car and I was amazed at the quality
of the now ten year old paint.  It just plain Black w/o clear coat and has
held up well.  Clearly before the days of the water-based garbage.

Bob Duckworth (sore arms and legs)

'87 L6 67K miles (very shiny now)
'90 325iX(A) - 72K miles
'86 325e - 152K miles
'82 320 - 97K miles (the one that started all of this craziness)
'93 Saturn SW2 - 78K miles (everybody makes a mistake occasionally, this is
Saturn's)