[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 M3 shifting woes

Hello,

Been reading the Digest for a few weeks now... seems like there are some
very knowlegeable folks out there.  I wondering if anybody with the '95
M3 is experiencing the same problem I am.  When I really punch it,
taking to 6800-6900 RPM in first, then second and try to make the shift
to third..... it gets stuck.  What I mean is that the shifter comes
cleanly out of second but gets stuck when I try to put it into third.  It
has happened twice and I am getting concerned... what could be causing
this?  When it happened, I basically left it in neutral and let the speed
decline some and then the shifter went happily into third.

BTW I have Jim C's chip with the 7000 RPM redline in all forward gears,
among other modifications... ;-)

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

- -Skaria