[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Keyless entry system for 328is

Rich wrote,

<< I'm thinking of adding the keyless entry system to my 328is. The dealer
will sell and install it for around $550.00. Has anyone installed the
system themselves, and what is involved? >>

Rich,

Don't let the stealer get you into paying them for the alarm system.  It's an
old Alpine which normally costs half that price in any car audio store.  For
$550 you can get almost top of the line Alpine system installed in a good car
audio / security store.  I had an Alpine SEC 8048 installed for $615 at Myer
Emco in Fairfax VA.  The 8048 is (was in 95) the top of the line Alpine security
system - read, a lot more features that the one offered by BMW dealers.  The
current 8058 is not much different than 8048.  I don't exactly know the Alpine
model of the security system BMW dealer sell, but it's middle of the line at
best and several years old at that.

Chris

96' E36 328is Montreal Blue / Gray Leather
Sports Package, 5 Speed, AST, Heated Seats
Alpine / HK Sound & Security