[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

High OBC in New 528i (DD53)

From: Joseph D Mazza <mazz+@domain.elided>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 08:45:12 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: OBC in New 528i

Hi All--

Just found out that in order to get a full-up OBC you have to buy the
540!  I really like the OBC in my '90 535i and use it ALL the time.  In
fact, lack of a real OBC was one of the reasons I didn't but a Q-45.

Oh well, yet another reason to stick with my 535 despite 122K miles and
a few aches and pains...

Joe
 -----------------------------
Hi Joe!

Actually, you can get the high-OBC in the new 528i.
I was able to do it by paying a $200 "special order" fee and
paying an additional fee for the upgraded computer.

However, I am in the U.S. Military stationed in Germany
and I ordered the car through BMW's Military Sales Program.
You will have to check with your stateside U.S. dealer to see
if he can do it.  It's option #555.

Best of luck,

CPT Charles A. Wells
U.S. Army