[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30> To Chip, or not to Chip

Jay Snyder <jsnyder@domain.elided> writes:
>I'm considering purchasing a performance chip for my '89 325i that is
>otherwise stock.  I'm also considering air box/filter mods, and exaust
>(I'll need a muffler for inspection in october anyway).
>
>I'm interested in hearing others experiences on this.  Is it worthwhile?

YES!  I've got a '90 325iC and the only mods are a K&N filter and a
Jim C. chip.  I hardly noticed the difference when I installed the filter.
I noticed a definate increase in power with the chip (the filter may be
more important with the chip than without).

It won't turn your car into an M3, but, it's a noticeable improvement!

Of course, YMMV and the usual disclaimers apply.

         Good luck!
            Larry.
Lawrence R. Schwarcz, Software Design Engr/NCD      Internet:  lrs@domain.elided
Hewlett Packard Company                               Direct:  (408) 447-2543
19420 Homestead Road MS 43LN                            Main:  (408) 447-2000
Cupertino, CA 95014                                      Fax:  (408) 447-2264
Internal-only WWW: http://hpisrhw.cup.hp.com/~lrs/homepage.html
O-
             Copywight (c) 1996 Elmer Fudd.  All wights wesewved.