[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Blacked out lights

"John G.Burns" <john@domain.elided> writes:
>After much fruitless searching I am unable to find a source for
>blacked out tail lights for my nice black 318iS. Then it came to me -
>why not cover the existing lights in tinted plastic film?

Am I missing something here?  Isn't the purpose of the tail lights to
emit light?  It seems to me that if you put some window tint on them
that they would not be as bright.  I guess that if you don't signal
your turns or want other cars to see you at night or need to see behind
you while backing-up, that you wouldn't need the tail light assembly.

I guess it takes all types.  Some of us are looking for ways to make
our lights brigher.  Others don't want light.

Have you considered just removing them completely?  You could have a body
shop paint them black and then replace them and don't install the bulbs.
How "blacked out" do you want them?

        Just wondering....
               Larry.
Lawrence R. Schwarcz, Software Design Engr/NCD      Internet:  lrs@domain.elided
Hewlett Packard Company                               Direct:  (408) 447-2543
19420 Homestead Road MS 43LN                            Main:  (408) 447-2000
Cupertino, CA 95014                                      Fax:  (408) 447-2264
Internal-only WWW: http://hpisrhw.cup.hp.com/~lrs/homepage.html
O-
             Copywight (c) 1996 Elmer Fudd.  All wights wesewved.