[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Squealing Brakes

Hello Fellow Beemsters!

Forgive me if this has been discussed before and I missed it, but...
I have a '95 318ti which I adore except for one persistent annoyance:
Squealing Brakes.  The car has only 10,000 miles on it, and none of the
pads is very worn. I've taken it to the dealer a couple of times
(Rasmussen BMW - Portland, OR) where they "cleaned and adjusted" the
brakes, but to no avail.  They say they've had this complaint from
others, but don't really know what to do about it.
So I'm wondering if changing the brake pads to another type (metallic or
not) or another brand moght help.
Any ideas?

TIA,

D. Stephen Metz  -  '95 Alpine White 318ti  -  Portland. OR