[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BMW Newsgroup

I notices that rec.autos.makers.bmw failed to recieve enough votes, and
cannot be voted on again for at least six months.

I don't remember the CFV being posted to this list. Massive oversight by
somebody, I guess.

Anyway, I like newsgroups. I like this list, too, but it's possible to
communicate a truly vast volume of information in a newsgroup. Bandwidth
is not as much of an issue. Answers to questions that are usually taken
to private email can be discussed in public, leaving the seeker more raw
discussion from which to glean useful information. And the side threads
about Zymol and the like become less annoying when they can simply be
ignored rather than showing up between two things you're interested in.

Lists are good. Newsgroups are also good. I like both. We only had one.

Now we have both.

alt.autos.bmw, coming to a news server near you. Ask for it by name,
accept no substitutes. Reads good like a newsgroup should. Etc, etc, etc.

I got tired of having no BMW newsgroup, so I newgrouped it. Enjoy.

Eric Adair