[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 clutch problems?

Well, I suppose I gloated too much about the longevity of my clutch,
because, as usual, when my wife borrows my car (the old one) something
goes wrong!  Last night she calls and says the pedal will not return
from the floor and she is stuck.
I arrived, pulled the pedal off the floor, put the car in neutral,
started it, then engaged the clutch, put it in gear and released, the
car moved forward (after grabbing very near the floor - 1/4-1/2", I
re-engaged, and the car struggled and died...then the clutch pedal would
not return.
To me, it seems as though either the clutch slave unit failed or maybe
the pressure plate...any ideas?
I had to have it towed to Dinan as they were the closest shop to me...I
live in Burlingame, and had wanted to try M-Performance, but that (the
tow...I mean) would have cost as much as the repairs!
If it's the clutch, I was going to have them do the shift linkage
bushings and the rear tranny seal...any other things that should be done
while the trans is out?

Thanks for any advice/ideas!
- --
john
'87  325 137k (Dinan Chip, Racing Dynamics springs/Billstein shocks) out
of commission...
'94  318i 19k
http://www.hooked.net/users/johnt/bmw.html