[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC> Source for Small Grills or Vents

I'm finally getting around to designing a custom lower console face for
my 84 633 - I'm removing the black plastic moulded grill/vent that fronts
the air co fan (lower center console face). My custom replacement will have
a small grill and have room for three gauges in the lower portion (where
the ash tray was - guess this won't work for smokers).

To make this thing work I need a small grill/vent, hopefully black plastic,
rectangular in shape, that I can fit into my design. I figure there must be
a source for this sort of thing somewhere, but Newark Electronics doesn't
have then, neither could I find one in Radio Shack. So, I'd greatly
appreciate any pointers on where I might find some off-the-shelf grill,
the kind one might find incorporated into electronic equipment to allow for
air flow. There has just got to be some company out there making these...
Please respond directly to me (dfh@domain.elided).

When I get this thing designed (and built and installed correctly) I'll
post the design plans. [There is just no other way to get 3 VDO gauges
into a 633.].

David Hoerl
84 633CSi