[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: car brokers

Tom Davidson asked about Steve Diamond, the BMW locator/broker.
> Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with "Steve" the BMW locator

I bought my 96 M3 thru Steve. Once Steve found me what i wanted and
the price range that i was willing to pay, I sent Steve a check for
his fee and then he gave me the dealer's name and soon got a call
from that dealer. It was a pleasant experience, much better than
haggling with my local dealers (from whom i could not get a discount).

> Did things happen in a timely manner?

Yes, it went very fast. All i had to wait for was the boat's landing
and processing thru Spartanburg. Other cars that are already at the
dealer could be picked much sooner than my 4 weeks.

> Were you well treated by the dealer?

Yes. This particular dealer gave discounts to BMW CCA members.
They gave me a free oil filter but charged me (only $40) for
the mats.

> Anything else?

I'd buy another car thru Steve. He's very knowledgeable about
options/availability (he subscribes to all the German car
magazines as well as other european publications).

dan
96 M3 BostonGreen/Modena, Dinan airbox/exhaust,snorkel, RD bars
   (looking for stiff, non-lowering springs and adjustable konis)
87 Dinan 325i Stroker with many mods, 58.4k miles, 18k on Stroker,
   for sale- http://dsrna.agi.org/dinan325i.html